Kanknarrah Company Limited was incorporated and registered on the 30th day of December 1882 under the Indian Companies Act, VI of 1882. Production commenced in the Jute Mill in the latter part of 1883. M/s. Jardine Henderson Ltd., were the Managing Agent for the Company. With the abolition of the Managing Agency system this Company came under fold of Jardine Henderson Ltd in the year 1969.
The Management of this Company was acquired from M/s. Jardine Henderson Ltd., by B.C. Jain Group, who gained control by purchasing the majority share of the Company in April, 1988. This Company is a Public Limited Company and listed on the Calcutta Stock Exchange.